Re: GNUstep Printing Backend Patch and such

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep Printing Backend Patch and such
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:50:10 -0700

On 2004-07-02 14:05:02 -0700 Chad Hardin <cehardin@mac.com> wrote:

I'm done with the first part of turning GNUstep printing parts into a "backend" type system.
Excellent, Thanks for your great work.

Since you're working on the printing stuff, I figured you might be the best one to know about this. I was just printing something in GNUMail this morning and clicked the 'preview' button which immediately tried to launch gv (GhostView) which was not installed on my machine. This caused an invalid arument exception since gv couldn't be run. This should probably not be hardcoded to 'gv' nor should we be relying on this external dependency. Do you have any suggestions on a cleaner method of previewing?

Cheers,
Alex

P.S. Also I noticed that the gorm file has some hardcoded colors in the background of text areas, which causes things to look a bit ugly if you have nonstandard colors chosen.