Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???

From: Michael Baehr
Subject: Re: GNUstep and Cocoa#???
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:02:52 -0500

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:44:27 -0700 (PDT), Gregory John Casamento
<greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Having read about this Cocoa# business on slashdot, I'm not sure what the
> GNUstep community's response should be to it.  I thought I would take the
> initiative and post something here about it to see how the rest of the GNUstep
> community feels about it.
>
> I'm neither for it, nor against it, I'm just interested in hearing opinions.
> Any thoughts?

The more bindings to the API, the better.  And since Cocoa#, just like
the rest of the Mono project, is free software, it shouldn't be too
difficult to extend this to support GNUstep.  I can't see myself
personally having any use for it, but that does not mean that someone
else will not :)

> Thank, GJC

-  Mike

--