RE: [Cocoa-sharp] Cocoa# and GNUstep

From: Urs Muff
Subject: RE: [Cocoa-sharp] Cocoa# and GNUstep
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:00:11 -0600

Hi Gregory,

I totally agree with you!  I was using GNUstep on my XP box for a short
while to make sure stuff compiles for the Objc# project that I was working
on.  The Objc# project is a complement to the Cocoa# project.  Cocoa# is
intended to give Cocoa API to .Net, making it possible to write a Cocoa app
100% in a .Net language, like C#.  The Objc# project allows the integration
of an existing .Net assembly (with no changes to it) to be called from
Objective-C.  This allows writing an app/UI in Objective-C and has some
other business parts in portable .Net format.

We don't use any special features of the Mac OS X platform as far as I know,
and it should be quite possible to make the Cocoa# project to work on
GNUstep.  Fill free to look @ the source code and send patches to this list
('cvs diff -u' format is preferred).

As a precondition you need mono 1.0 or later.

Let us know how we can assist you.  We hang out on the GimpNet IRC channel
#cocoa#.

- URS C. MUFF
SOFTWARE ARCHITECT      - RESEARCH LAB, QUARK
QUARK INC.
UMUFF@QUARK.COM         - X6360
+1 (303) 894 3360

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail
messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and that any
disclosure, copying, printing, distribution, or use of the information
contained or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the
sender by telephone +1 (303) 894-3360 or return e-mail message
umuff@quark.com and delete the original transmission, its attachments, and
any copies without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.