Re: ccache

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: ccache
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:37:04 +0200

On Sep 9, 2004, at 13:57, Helge Hess wrote:
It works fine for me, but I get a lot of warnings:
---snip---
cc1: warning: "-Wno-protocol" is valid for ObjC but not for C/C++
cc1: warning: "-Wno-protocol" is valid for ObjC but not for C/C++
cc1: warning: "-fgnu-runtime" is valid for ObjC but not for C/C++
 Compiling file SaxXMLReaderFactory.m ...
---snap---

Well, I found the option which triggers that, if you compile an ObjC source with gcc using -E (only preprocessing), it complains like above:
---snip---
/usr/bin/gcc SaxXMLReaderFactory.m -E ...
---snap---
with -c it doesn't:
---snip---
/usr/bin/gcc SaxXMLReaderFactory.m -c ...
---snap---

I guess this would be considered a bug in the gcc warning code? (-x objc doesn't work with -E either).

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/