Screenshots from MacOSX buttons

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Screenshots from MacOSX buttons
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:12:09 +0200

Could somebody with a current Apple system please send me screenshots of NSButton objects with different settings for the gradient and bezel style? GNUstep currently has an implementeation for the gradient style (actually two, one in NSButtonCell and one in GSDrawFunctions), but nothing for the bezel style. I would like to clean up the code here (but the gradient drawing into drawWithFrame: and move the actual code to the GSDrawFunctions) and try to implement the full functionality.

One problem here is that the functionality to draw button borders did increase a lot, still the old way of doing just a simple border should also be supported. So I would need pictures showing the same button with setBordered: on/off, setBezeled: on/off, different combinations of setBezelStyle: and setGradientType:. How many combinations will be needed depends on how much these concepts are orthogonal to each other.

It is properly better to send the images directly not via the mailing list, but please not from all of you, just a few dozens :-)

Fred