Re: Re;: NSXMLParser on GS (was Re: Books / GNUStep / XML)

From: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Re;: NSXMLParser on GS (was Re: Books / GNUStep / XML)
Date: 19 Oct 2004 08:36:46 -0700

Adrian Robert <arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote in message
news:<mailman.3836.1098113403.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>...
> I like the sound of this, but it also must be said that implementing a
> fully standards-compliant XML parser with good performance is not a

I have now made a first speed test (but not a compare since I don't
have libxml2) on a Sharp Zaurus 400MHz ARM: needs approx. 4 seconds
(after read from disk) to parse and convert a 110kByte XML .plist file
with 4700 lines (and approx. 9000 tags) into a NSDictionary. So this
ends up in parse speed of less than 400us per tag.

Nikolaus