Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?
Date: 29 Oct 2004 02:24:54 GMT

Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> MJ Ray wrote:
> > 8 times out of 10, describing bugs on #gnustep gets the reply "upgrade
> > to CVS". I am not lazy, but I do not like to waste my time. Will
> > savannah bugs about release versions be considered?
> If you could only see the look of incredulity on my face...Hah, of
> course, and if you paid attention to such things, you'd know this.

Sorry, GNUstep is not part of my full-time job yet. I dip into discuss
when something looks interesting and seek help on #gnustep when something
breaks completely. Minor bugs get emailed to the author, but I can't
always isolate bugs in core. Seldom have bugs been directed to savannah.

> Instead of ASSUMING we wil ignore your bugreport, please submit them.

You are the first to suggest reporting these bugs to savannah. I thought
there was gnustep-bug@gnu or similar for these?

> They usually are acted on rather quickly.

The first screen seen when clicking "bugs" shows ones from 2003, which
doesn't suggest it's an actively-used tracker. On further inspection,
savannah seems to have the opposite default date order to other trackers
I've used. Anyone know if that's deliberate? Looks bad IMO.