RE: Problems with fonts.

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Problems with fonts.
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:34:30 -0800

Fred Kiefer wrote:

> defaults NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias YES
> Hope this helps. Still we should try to get to the root of the real problem

The major problem of back-xlib was the lack of GSFontMask.
After I set it, this backend started to work. One can tell
it's a bug but I'm not concerned about it right now.

That backend complains about not having Helvetica, Times, and Fixed
(if I remember well) fonts in size 12.000 (but displays characters).
What does it mean? How to calm it down?

Also, it says

2004-11-04 01:49:42.000 PhotoClip[19034] Unable to initialize XIM, using
standard keyboard events

What is this?

The back-art is still broken, there I have problems with X itself, besides
fonts:

2004-11-04 01:49:42.000 PhotoClip[19034] X-Windows error - BadValue (integer
parameter out of range for operation)
          on display: :0.0
                type: 0
       serial number: 2669
        request code: 143

I looked into config.log, the only suspisious thing I saw
was it did not find glitz-glx (absolutely correct) but set
the corresponding #define as if I have it. I think compilation
did not even touch this thing.

Thanks a lot,
Tima.