Improv/FlexiSheet (was Re: Funding GNUstep development)

From: Tim Bissell
Subject: Improv/FlexiSheet (was Re: Funding GNUstep development)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:11:23 +0000

On Nov 9, 2004, at 13:24, Peter Cooper wrote:

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:23:55AM +0000, Tim Bissell wrote:

As far as I recall Improv was written in a mixture of Pascal and
Objective-C, against a very early NS release; so its code will be in an
even worse state than Quantrix.  I've toyed with the idea of rewriting

Actually, according to everything I've seen (and this post:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-01/msg01647.html ) Lotus Improv was the
initial reason that Objective-C++ was created. The core of the app was
written for OS/2 in C++, and then moved to NeXT where to assist the
port and UI stuff a new GCC frontend was built.

I'm certainly inclined to believe Steve Naroff over my memory!

That's great news about FlexiSheet, and very brave of the author! I look
forwards to a bit of digging round in it when it is all checked in...

regards,

Tim
--
work: +44 207 4758789 | tim.bissell@drkw.com

addressee. Access by any other party is unauthorised without the express written permission of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender either via the company switchboard on +44 (0)20 7623 8000, or
e-mail disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to http://www.drkw.com/disc/email/ or contact the sender. 3166