Re: Color settings

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Color settings
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:08:30 +0100

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

Is there a way to control the colors with the predefined colors, something like:
defaults write NSGlobalDomain controlColor darkGrey
And of this one I am sure that it doesn't work :)

I am not really sure if I like the idea or not, but it kept me thinking. And yes it would be easyly doable (If you accept to switch to American instead of British English :-))

We could just add a few lines into [NSColor colorFromString:], when everything else fails, to test if the given string (after adding "Color" to it) is a class method of NSColor and than call this and return the result.

But what I would like more is to have another colour list, with well know named colours and to just reference this in the default setting.

defaults write NSGlobalDomain controlColor \ {"ColorSpace"="NSNamedColorSpace"; "Catalog"="Named"; \ "Color"="darkGray"; }

Could you live with this solution as well? The benefit is that we don't need to add any code that needs maintenance.

Fred