Re: RFC: Removal of Gorm's outline view class editor

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: RFC: Removal of Gorm's outline view class editor
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:43:25 -0800 (PST)

You're talking about the alternate objects view.   This is a planned feature
for Gorm 0.9.0.  Actually, I'm wondering how people feel about the removal of
the classes outline view editor in the document main window to be replaced by a
simple outlineview or browser.

Please give let me know your thoughts on this.

GJC
--- Benhur Stein <benhur.stein@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:14:45 -0800 (PST), Gregory John Casamento
> <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > As just about anyone who's used Gorm knows, the outline view can be used to
> > edit classes.   This is a feature which was present in IB on OPENSTEP and
> > NeXTSTEP, so it was felt as though this would help people make the
> transition
> > from those systems to GNUstep.
>
> Your message reminded me of another outline view
> present in OS's IB and absent from Gorm.
> It's the outline view that showed the hierarchy of
> objects in the nib.
> In this view, one could see the connections going from
> the outlets to the objects or from the objects to the
> actions, and one could also create connections (with
> the control key). I used it most to make connections
> in situations I could not do in the objects themselves
> (like when there is a matrix of buttons inside a scrollview).
>
> Benhur

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.