Re: CameraKit is Orphaned (was: Re: ANN: ImageApps status)

From: stefan
Subject: Re: CameraKit is Orphaned (was: Re: ANN: ImageApps status)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:56:09 +0100

Citát Fabien VALLON <fabien@sonappart.net>:

> On 2004-12-15 22:29:56 +0100 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Fabien VALLON wrote:
> > [snip]
> >>
> >> Camera & CameraKit is orphaned.
> >> We received patches but we are looking for maintainers.
> >
> > I think it's time to start an "Applications needing
> > maintainers/orphaned
> > apps" page on GNUstep.org, preferably with a link on the front page
> > asking
> > people who are interested to participate. What do you think?
>
> Yes, It would also be nice to create teams/projects around
> themes/types of software :
>
> For example
>
> - GNUstep Graphics ( gsimageapps )
> - GNUstep Pim ( AdressBook/Agenda or Calendar ... )
> - GNUstep Internet ( GNUMail/Pantomime/LuserNet/Connect ..)
> - GNUstep Developper Tools ( own by GNUstep CVS: Gorm/PC/Emacs for
> GNUstep )
> - GNUstep Utilities ( Affiche/ ..)
> - GNUstep Audio ( Cynthiune ...)
> - GNUstep Workspace ( BackBone and/or Garma and/or GWorkspace and/or
> Etoile )
> - ....
> - A group that "manage" all the teams and that can write specs / guide
> line ....

There is (was) similar database: http://www.gnustep.org/GSWeb/GSApps.woa

However all I get now is:

    GSApps:1 (213.133.116.130:9001) doesn't repond

Perhaps if that was alive again with one page with simple filter and table of
all applications: App name | Version | App category | Maintainer | Status

Where status should be:

OK - Functional APP with random updates
Development - App under heavy development, probbably requires people
Orphaned - needs developer
Prototype - Interface/functionaliyu may change
Planned - no real app yet, but plans are present

It would be nice if one can upload documents there or put references to wiki.

Btw. I think that access to this database should be from GNUstep front page.

Stefan Urbanek