Re: GNUstep on Darwin PPC screenshot

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin PPC screenshot
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:19:27 -0500

Le 04-12-16, à 18:16, Michael Baehr a écrit :

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:41:26 -0500, Yves de Champlain
<yves@gnu-darwin.org> wrote:
Hello

just for the curious and the unbeliever :-)

http://yves.gnu-darwin.org/screenshots/distro-1.1-windowmaker.png

yves

Neat :)

Any chance, perhaps, of GNUstep + all necessary depends (custom gcc,
etc.) making it into DarwinPorts?

I did try a bit but I think it would require someone who knows both build systems (GNUstep and darwinports) very well to do it, mostly because of the
destroot phase (and probably image too) in darwinports.

I did make bsd-style packages but they can't be separated from the GNU-Darwin distribution right now unless one knows exaclty what to install - maybe next version will be alright - as
I did not include any depends explicitly in the packages.

yves