Re: Configuring Window Maker

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Configuring Window Maker
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:41:58 -0700

On Dec 30, 2004, at 3:43 PM, Andreas Höschler wrote:
• I want GWorkspace.app to be started automatically when logging in. How do I do that? I tried to add "exec /opt/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/GWorkspace" or "exec openapp /opt/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app" in .xinitrc, but this didn't do the trick.

It should, but you need to make sure you start it before starting the window manager.

• When I click on one of the squares in the top right corner, I get a panel telling me "Could not execute command /opt/GNUstep/System/Apps/WPrefs.app". This is correct. On my machine for whatever reason the path is /opt/GNUstep/Local/Apps/WPrefs.app. How and where can I fix this?

• Why do I see gray squares and no icons? What app or part o fthe system is supposed to do what the Dock is doing on MacOSX or was doing on OPENSTEP?

One easy way to change this is to right-click on the icons and select the 'Settings' menu item that comes up. You can correct all the paths there.