Re: polling removable drives

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: polling removable drives
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:48:52 +0100

Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. wrote:

This is OT but I dont know where to ask. How do we poll for removable
devices? So NSWorksapce can return an array of ready to mount
removable disks?

I think, we should not try to implement something ourself here, it will always be limited to a specific platform, as is the current code for [NSWorkspace mountedLocalVolumePaths]. There has been a posting from Chad Hardin on a Objective-C wrapper for HAL. Up to now, I didn't find time to look into this and it may also take some time until D-BUS and HAL are available on all platforms, still I think this is the way we should go here.

Fred