Re: file annotations

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: file annotations
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:39:57 +0000 (GMT)

> > Try to compile and run this:
> >
> > int main(int argc, char** argv)
> > {
> >   CREATE_AUTORELEASE_POOL (pool);
> >   NSString *path = @"/";
> >   NSArray *contents = [[NSFileManager defaultManager] subpathsAtPath:
> > path];
> >   NSLog(@"%i", [contents count]);
> >   RELEASE (pool);
> >   exit(0);
> > }
>
> I am not familiar with gnustep-make at all. I am not sure which
> headers I should include and which libraries to link to to get it
> compiled.

Not having read any of the discussion, my eye just catched the words
"gnustep-make" ...

You don't need to know which headers/libraries are needed ;-) gnustep-make
does it all for you.  If you just need to compile that main() function,
copy the following stuff

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

TOOL_NAME = Test
Test_OBJC_FILES = Test.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make

into a file called GNUmakefile, make sure your source code is in file
Test.m in the same directory, then type 'make' there.  The generated tool
(which you can immediately run) should be in ./obj/Test

For more information, please check

http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/index.html

compiling with gnustep-make is really easy stuff, nothing to be scared
about. :-)

Thanks