Re: Question about ObjC++ state

From: Mike Stump
Subject: Re: Question about ObjC++ state
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:52:38 -0800

On Feb 28, 2005, at 3:41 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
I'd like to know what the 'official' position regarding ObjC++ is now.

Anybody willing to clear up?

Sure, why not... Either, someone will submit a clean, safe patch and it will be reviewed and OKed and it will be checked in, or that's won't happen. I've added a pool to the wiki pages where you can register your vote. If no patch is submitted, there is little point in considering/contemplating/arguing what would happen. If such a patch were submitted, it would have to go into mainline first anyway, if it proves safe there and people want to propose a version of it for 4.0.x, then I think the RM would have to reevaluate it on its merits and risks and the timing. I don't see the need for the RM to declare at this point what a future decision would be. I suspect that if done well, the RM would entertain allowing it in 4.0.[n+1]; but that is just speculation.

P.S.: cc'ed to the GNUstep list just for informational purpose

[ assuming that list is still closed, since, you didn't say they opened it ] Will you please stop doing that... It drives us nuts, absolutely nuts. If it is now an open list, never mind...