Re: GScheme is back (VI).

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GScheme is back (VI).
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:28:29 -0800

Marko Riedel wrote:
that has been posted to comp.lang.scheme as well.

Hi all,

I made another release of GScheme. It contains some rather significant
changes. I completely removed the dependency on the GSIMap.h
internals, changing Environments to use NSMapTables and using a
malloced array in ByteCodes. This means that GScheme should in theory
be portable to Cocoa if you comment out the GSDebugAllocation*
calls. M.J. Ray expressed some interest in this, if I recall
correctly.

If you simply add #ifndef GNUSTEP around the gnustep-only stuff, it should compile and run under OS X with just GNUstep-make (to build it) with no further changes, then. I highly suggest you or MJR do this as a courtesy for others. I'd be willing to package it for OS X also.

Cheers,
Alex Perez