progress report mingw: GMastermind2.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: progress report mingw: GMastermind2.
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:06:23 +0100

Marc Brünink writes:

 > On Thursday, Mar 24, 2005, at 17:25 Europe/Berlin, Marko Riedel wrote:
 > > $ openapp GMastermind2.app/
 > > c:\GNUdevelop\msys\1.0\home\Administrator\GMastermind2\GMastermind2.app
 > > \GMastermind2.exe: Uncaught exception NSRangeException, reason: Index
 > > 0 is out of range 0 (in 'objectAtIndex:')
 >

 > Go and get some sleep (or a coffee), delete your GNUstep directory,
 > clean up your CVS and rebuild.  This worked for me :-)

Hi all,

thanks Marc, it worked for me, too. Unbelievable! I was able to
compile GMastermind2 and it is quite usable, maybe 90% I'd say. Good
work people!

These are my observations:

This time round I unzipped the jpeg/tiff and png libraries into
     /C/GNUdevelop/msys/1.0/
and not
     /C/GNUdevelop/msys/1.0/mingw
as it says in the cookbook.

I configured GUI with

$ ./configure --with-jpeg-library=/lib --with-jpeg-include=/include
   --with-tiff-library=/lib --with-tiff-include=/include

I needed to change System/Makefiles in the GNUmakefile to
  System/Library/Makefiles.

MinGW does not seem to offer srand48/lrand48, so I used the following
simple trick (from Controller.m):

static long _rand = 1;

void srand48(long seed)
{
        _rand = seed;
}

long lrand48(void)
{
        long val = (int)(abs(10000.0*sin(_rand)));
        _rand++;
        return val;
}

With these changes I got a playable build of GMastermind. The only
problems are: no alpha support (I would be extremely curious to know
what the problem is, maybe someone could post an explanation to the
list) and the drag/drop images of the chips are drawn with the origin
of the image at the center of the drag image, instead of the lower
left corner. I also got some alert panels that were 100% black and
hence unreadable.

All in all an enjoyable experience, I'd say. I offer my deepest
respects and sincere congratulations to the people who wrote the
Windows backend.

Best regards,

Marko Riedel

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |