Re: Helvetica font with GWorkspace

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Helvetica font with GWorkspace
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:16:46 +0100

> Can someone kindly help me figure out why my Helvetica font is listed
> as missing? When I start GWorkspace app from Xterm it shows:
>
> >GWorkspace[482] The font specified for NSFont, Helvetica, can't be found.

What backend are you using ? If its 'art' you neeed to install it as
an nfont. I think we tend to use the free versions rather than actual
Helvetica, though wrapping a font as an nfont is very easy.

> Thank you everyone for making the updates available. It also makes my
> boss happy too because he now has GNUstep on his Mac.

This makes me very curious - what does he actually *do* with GNustep on
his Mac ? Why would he want it ?

-bat.