Re: GNUMail.app SSL options disabled

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: Re: GNUMail.app SSL options disabled
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:37:51 -0400

Hi Jim,

I am using GNUstep (base=1.10.2, make=1.10.0, back=0.9.5, gui=0.9.5) from the Freebsd ports tree and GNUMaill version 1.1.2.

when I try to set up a pop account, the SSL options for sending / receiving mail or greyed out.

Does this mean I don't have ssl installed/enabled? Or is their a preference I can set?

In version 1.1.2, GNUMail autodetects if the Pantomime SSL bundle is installed, disabling the option if it's not found. Versions 1.2.0pre1 and up have SSL included by default. You might want to use this version instead or even the CVS version since it's vastly superior and will soon be tagged as 1.2.0pre2.

Thanks,
        Ludo
--
There is no shame in preferring happiness.
  ~ Albert Camus