Re: Problem on Solaris

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Problem on Solaris
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

--- Chris Vetter <cbv@gmx.net> wrote:
> > All,
> > I'm experiencing the following problem on Solaris:
> > ld.so.1:
> > /export/home/heron/Development/gnustep/dev-apps/Gorm/Gorm.app/Gorm:
> > fatal: relocation error: file
> >
> /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-back.bundle/./libgnustep-back:
> > symbol floorf: referenced symbol not found
> > I'm wondering if this is from a recent change.
>
> Probably, because at least on Solaris 8 and 9, floorf() doesn't exist. Not
> sure about Solaris 10, though.

I'm aware of this.

Despite whether it exists on Solaris 10 or not, Solaris 9 is still in
widespread use.  We should at least have configure detect it's presence and use
it, otherwise simply use floor.

I'm going to submit a bug on this, so it gets tracked.

Later, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.