Re: OT: bogofilter on Windows

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: OT: bogofilter on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:41:59 +0800

Hi Dennis,

I am writing a Guide for GNUMail and it will contain a section on SPAM filtering. For GNU/Linux I use bogofilter, which I guess can be used on most Unix-like systems incl. Mac OS X.

Ah-huh.

But is there on this list someone who has experience with Windows.

I believe I qualify.

I expect that bogofilter can be run on Windows, but how do you train it?

I think you're ahead of yourself here. Why worry about bogofilter when GNUMail won't run?

As for how you'd train it, that'd be the same:

bogofilter -n < ham.mbox
bogofilter -s < spam.mbox

but you'd need example mboxes.

Sorry for this off-topic post... and please reply to me only. No need to further polute this list.

Well, I thought I'd let everyone know the status on GNUMail.app on windows.

Regards,
Sheldon