Re: compiling apps under Linux

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: compiling apps under Linux
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:22:29 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Nikola Pizurica wrote:

> I have problems compiling GNUstep apps under Ubuntu Hoary.
> I have all dev packages installed.
>
> Here is how it looks:
> #ubuntu:~/Download/openstep/Mplayer-0.4-1/Sources# make
> GNUmakefile:1: /common.make: No such file or directory
> GNUmakefile:22: /subproject.make: No such file or directory
> GNUmakefile:23: /application.make: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `/application.make'.  Stop.
>
> I've excecuted GNUstep.sh script,

You need to "source" it, that is

. /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

(mind the space between the '.' and the path! :-) )

Thanks.

Also, another check is that typing "echo $GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES" at the
command line should print out the location of the gnustep makefiles.  If
that does work, you have sourced GNUstep.sh correctly and compiling should
work. :-)

Thanks for your feedback