RE: Re: Heads-up about GNUpeech

From: Robert Hamilton
Subject: RE: Re: Heads-up about GNUpeech
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- Manuel Guesdon <ml@orange-concept.com> wrote:

> As I need a TTS, I'm very interested in it. Does someone have an example
> of what it produce ?

Manuel,

Within the GNuspeech mailing-list archives
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuspeech-contact/
you'll find some sound samples. The mailing list archive is small, but
well worth reading. You'll find answers to many question therein. You'll
also find sound samples in some of the CVS folders.

Does it handle french ?

According to the previously referenced GNUspeech webpage: "Some French
vowels are also included." The overall application is only complete for
English at the present time; however, the soon-to-be-ported-to-GNUstep
version of Monet will "allow speech researchers to understand and create
the databases needed to drive a variety of parametrically driven speech
synthesisers in order to test theories of speech production and
perception, or to synthesise different languages." (Again from their
web-page) I'm sure the GNUspeech team would welcome some help in building
a French-language database!

> I'll try to compile it this afternoon...

Would you please let me (and the GNUspeech mailing list) know how your
compile session goes? I've not been successful at it, yet. :-( (See posts
about same in the GNUspeech mailing-list archive.)

Good luck!