Re: Windows problem

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: Windows problem
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:17:22 +0800

Lloyd Dupont wrote:

I'm developing on WIndows with VS.NET. (and, amazingly, GNUstep).
At some stage I do something like (in C# in fact, not in C) char newpath = "PATH=" + /* something like %GNUSTEP_SYS_ROOT%/Tools;%PATH% */
wputenv(newpath);
void* lib = LoadLibrary("gnustep-base");
However, here I do have a strange behavior.... when run from the command line, it runs fine. when run from VS.NET (debug mode) lib is alway equals to 0, with the last win32 error, being
(998): Invalid access to memory location.
however it works well with other (non-gnustep based) library Any idea what this could be?

Since it works from the command line but not within VS I'd suspect that the issue is the environment not being properly set up for the debugged process or that the VS memory manager is not being your friend. A few assertions will verify the situation.

Stepping through the load would help identify the exact culprit. You may find it easier to add TRACE()-like output to -base. Thats certainly helped me identify load/startup problems.

There is also the possibility that you've uncovered another VS bug ;)

Also, is there another gnustep-base.dll on that machine somewhere?

Regards,
Sheldon