Re: Blit operation failed on MSWindows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Blit operation failed on MSWindows
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 05:50:54 +0100

On 2005-06-23 01:59:10 +0100 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> Marc Brünink wrote:
>>
>> On Dienstag, Jun 21, 2005, at 21:29 Europe/Berlin, Marc Brünink wrote:
>>> on my Windows 2000 machine I'm getting
>>> "Blit operation failed 87"
>>> while an application is started up.
>>>
>>> 87 = ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
>>> so I logged some of the parameters:
>>> x:8, y:8 rectFrom.right:48 rectFrom.left:0 rectFrom.top:0 h:48
>>>
>>> I guess these parameters are okay. But the AlphaBlend(..) Funktion
>>> return FALSE. So what's going wrong?
>>>
>>> Actually this occurs while loading the tab images.
>>

>> It all comes down to
>> #define USE_ALPHABLEND
>> Simply comment this line out (in WIN32GState.m) and the tab images are
>> shown.
>>
>> Actually this line was commented out in version 1.18 of WIN32GState.m,
>> but changed in version 1.19
>> Was it intent?
>>

> This change surely was intentional, as Richard only did switch alpha
> blending on, when he got it working.

Yes ... but not necessarily correct everywhere ... just in the code I tested
... mostly I was running Gorm as a test application.

Also, I was testing on Windows-XP ...

When I was trawling the net for info on windows transparency, I came across
stuff saying that older (but quite recent) versions of windows didn't support
it, so I suppose that it's possible that Windows 2000 doesn't ... in which case
I guess we need to work out autoconf stuff to determine the windows version and
enable/disable it accordingly.