Re: Question about NSRunLoop -runUntilDate:

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Question about NSRunLoop -runUntilDate:
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:52:05 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:45:10 Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
[...]
> No ... runloops are meant to be thread-local, and it's not safe to
> monitor a runloop running in one thread from an other thread.
> If you want a notification when there are no more inputs for a
> runloop, you can just use -runUntilDate:
[...]

That wouldn't work, because -runUntilDate: works differently from what I
expected. Instead of just setting the date when to stop running, it will
actually *wait* (aka 'block') until the given date has been reached.

Nevertheless thanks for your hints. Based on that I did figure out how to
solve the problem by just adding another timer to the runloop that fires at
a certain time, calling a method that will stop the runloop and sending the
note. Easy as that :-}

Cheers,

--
Chris