Re: Need MacOS X installation help

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: Need MacOS X installation help
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 10:51:50 -0400

Eek! I'd rather not install yet another version of gcc... I have three now (default apple, 3.3.5 and 3.3.6), and some parts of 3.4 as well (libffi I think).

I've been following the instructions exactly - does no-one know why it's not working with this setup? The documentation said it was supported.

Failing that... is it possible for anyone to send me the pre-compiled files? Or will that not work?

I can understand that, but you may still find some useful flags and patches in there

what I did the last time is that I used the libobjc 1.3 and I installed it in GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries (which is the default I think)
but you will still have to watch each build and patch Makefiles for missing -L and -l flags

I have made some binaries in the GNU-Darwin distribution,
http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/gnu-darwin/
but there is a lot of stuff in there (including another gcc - required :-)
You can always get the iso and install stuff you need by hand but that's a rather tedious process.

yves