Re: Mac OS X, Pocket PC and Windows Development

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: Mac OS X, Pocket PC and Windows Development
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 09:28:47 +1000

I could tell you that that you cannot really write the same code for both PocketPC & Windows (even in .NET or, probably Cocoa) because they have very different GUI constraint, layout, input method. But, as far as .NET is concern you could write the same non-user / data-code for both. (even use the sam DLL), but you have to compile them for the PocketPC version (Compact framework) because it support a smaller API.

Now I don't know much about mono, even much less so on MacOSX, but from what I gathered and was lead to believe, you could just take your binaries and run them straight away on MacOSX (& FreeBSD (or even Linux) of course, support would be even better there).

----- Original Message ----- From: <lists@southernohio.net>