Re: GDB debugging question

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: GDB debugging question
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 07:15:39 +0200

Quoting Lloyd Dupont <lloyd@nova-mind.com>:

> mmh..
> it's what I was afraid of... maybe the GDB support for ObjectiveC is not
> properly installed :-(
> wheny I type that (-[NSException raise])
> it tolds me:
> Funtcion "" not defined

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve, but if you want to send a
message to an object from within gdb you should do:
(gdb) print [myException raise]
if you want to set up a break-point in an ObjC method you do:
(gdb) break -[NSException raise]

> Or maybe I should use the debug version of GNUstep?

You shouldn't have to - this works independently of the version.

Hope I helped a little.

Oh and BTW: next time please post questions to the help-gnustep@gnu.org mailing
list.

--