Re: porting

From: hns
Subject: Re: porting
Date: 6 Oct 2005 08:05:55 -0700

After going through this thread and looking on the libffi page, I would
say that it has some pros: it is connected to the gcc compiler and
there is some recent discussion on ARM processors:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libffi-discuss/2005/ So, there you might
find people to discuss the ARM specifics with.

So, I think your decision 4) is wise... You might have to recompile gcc
as indicated by Armando Di Cianno but in that case, you would not even
have to "port" anything IMHO, just get another part of the development
tools.

I personally have no experience with either one, since I have made my
own hacks to NSInvocation to make it run on linux-arm by relying on the
basic gcc __builtin_ pseudo functions:
http://www.quantum-step.com/download/sources/mySTEP/Foundation/DO/

-- hns