Re: SerialPort & NSFileHandle & baudRate

From: hns
Subject: Re: SerialPort & NSFileHandle & baudRate
Date: 6 Oct 2005 11:42:25 -0700

Marc Brünink schrieb:

> Exactly: I want to do it with help of GNUstep. So I'm searching for a
> GNUstep way to do it. Actually I've an own SerialPort class (using
> tcsetattr). I'm just wondering if there's a better way. Some sort of
> pure GNUstep methods.

No, there is no "pure" interface - neither in GNUstep, Cocoa, NeXTstep.

The API has been designed to hide all that behind the abstraction of
networking and printer drivers. So, you have NSURLHandle, NSSocket etc.
and NSPrinter. Setting the serial speed is on a too low level...

And what is bad with a private SerialPort class? You could think about
adding it to GNUstep - then it would become the "standard" way.

-- hns