Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:14:23 +0100

On 2005-10-23 10:22:37 +0100 Sungjin Chun <chunsj@embian.com> wrote:

On Oct 23, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

It seems to me that a 10K RPC/sec target is high for any machine.

My previous version of user account service server(which I want to "improve") can handle 10K RPC/sec(almost). Yes, this varies with number of clients. Current number of client hosts are almost 500 servers of linux-x86(Xeon Dual. Service itself runs on this class of machine).

Well, this is purely my intuition/gut feel ... but I suspect that proper xml parsing may take too long for your purposes. One option, if you trust the clients to generate the valid xml, is to write your own extremely simplified xml parser. Code which assumes a standard charset (utf-8 for instance) and assumes that it's getting only valid xmlrpc requests could run a LOT faster than a fully functional validating parser.