Graphical Installers [was Re: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep]

From: Rogelio M. Serrano Jr.
Subject: Graphical Installers [was Re: OpenOffice.org on OS X and GNUstep]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:11:20 +0800

On 2005-11-11 21:28:48 +0800 Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snipped...]

Since, by definition, someone wouldn't have GNUstep itself installed the installer might need to rely on WiNGS or some other library with a similar
look.
[snipped...]

I really dont think an installer ala M$I is necessary. I dont like installers at all. I hate wizards too.

I would rather have a native package for whatever system for installing GNUStep. But GNUStep is really more than a gui library.

Just my 2 cents.