Re: Installing GNUStep under X11 on OSX...newbie...can anyone help pleas

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: Installing GNUStep under X11 on OSX...newbie...can anyone help please...
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:45:53 -0500

You don't say what OS version you are using, nor did you include the log files. I'm guessing however that you are using the Apple gcc, not the FSF gcc. Or if you do have FSF gcc, it did not install the Objective-C library. You have to download and compile gcc from gcc.gnu.org. GNUstep can't use Apple's gcc.

(Actually, I've been able to compile, but not run, GNUstep using Apple's gcc that comes with Tiger, but that requires a few tweaks that are not included in Startup).

using darwinports will give you the compiler and the tweaks, but not the runtime.

yves