Re: Key Equivalent on button

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Key Equivalent on button
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:03:20 +0200

Hello Ludovic,

Oops, I forgot to also paste the code for the text field:

  [passwordSecureField setSelectable: YES];
  [passwordSecureField setTarget: [self windowController]];
  [passwordSecureField setAction: @selector(okClicked:)];

You can also set it as the initial first responder.

OK, now I see what you do. But that's IMHO not how it's supposed to work. This would mean that we have to set an action on all elements of a form instead of just setting a key equivalent on one button. On MacOSX and AFAIR also on OPENSTEP this is not necessary. But I also have no idea how this could be implemented correctly in GNUstep!?

Anyway, thanks for the workaround. This is much better than nothing and will do the trick for now.

Regards,

  Andreas