Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [NSEvent isARepeat]
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:55:16 +0200

Stephane Goujet wrote:

>   But how can I set my X_display ?
>   I thought it could be got from  [[NSApp context] graphicsPort] but it
> segfaulted. It was NULL.
>   And when I look in gui/Source/NSGraphicsContext.m, it seems that it will
> be so very often :-) :
> - (void *)graphicsPort
> {
>   return NULL;
> }
>
>   So what is the proper way to get a pointer to the X display ?

To get the X display you may ask the current graphics server for
xDisplay or the class XGServer for currentXDisplay. Your problem will be
that these methods and the class will not be visible at the AppKit
level, as these are internal operations of the X backends. But declaring
them in your code and calling them should be fine.

Cheers
Fred