Re: Detecting running application

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Detecting running application
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 20:08:03 +0100

On 11 May 2006, at 09:14, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

I remember that back in the old days of GNUstep, when you launched an
application twice, you got an alert that the application is already
running. So I figured 'registering' the bundle with gdomap(? I think
that was how it was done back then) would do the trick. However, I
just launched SystemPreferences twice and no alert.. Uhm?

The behaviour when starting up a copy of a running app is now controlled by the NSUseRunningCopy user default as in OPENSTEP/MacOS-X This is described in the gnustep gui documentation in the section on user defaults. http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/Gui/ DefaultsSummary.html