Re: Re-install issues

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Re-install issues
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:50:59 -0600

On 2006-08-28 07:46:11 -0600 Birch Browning <birch.browning@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Hi guys,

I had a working system, but I lost my mind and did clean reinstall as root using the compile-all script, just as I did the first time. Now I cannot start apps or tools as a regular user. Here's the error report:

I would avoid using the compile-all script. Perhaps that didn't cause the problem, but compiling everything as root is not really good practice.

Perhaps try gnustep-startup (or startup in svn if you want).