GPBS interface [Re: These NeXTbuntu guys]

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: GPBS interface [Re: These NeXTbuntu guys]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:22:21 +0200

Do you (your account) run gdnc and gpbs upon login?

I have no idea where or by whom gdnc and gpbs are started. But after we login with Window maker we have both daemons running. I did "ps -Af | grep gpbs" and got

ahoesch 22470 1 0 15:25:35 ? 0:00 /opt/GNUstep/System/Tools/gpbs --daemon

After killing this daemon copy & paste between Firefox and TextEdit started to work. I did the ps again and got

ahoesch 22472 1 0 15:25:35 ? 0:00 /opt/GNUstep/System/Tools/gpbs -GSStartupNotification GSStartup-GPBS --daemon

Could someone explain to me what these extra options are, and what they do? So I could document it somewhere.

And if there are even more options let me know also. Would be nice if we could have all the GNUstep tools documented.

Thanks,

Dennis Leeuw