Re: GNUStep on Windows , Howto ?

From: Christopher Armstrong
Subject: Re: GNUStep on Windows , Howto ?
Date: 15 Nov 2006 17:14:08 -0800

kedare wrote:
> Hi All ! :)
> I just have installed GNUStep on windows (and Build All with the
> installation program) , and now .... i just have a Bash Shell ...
> How i can setup GNUStep ? to launch and install .app , use Gorm ,
> Programming in Objective-C ??
> Thanks
> (Sorry for my bad english : im french)

Goto GNUstep website and download latest Gorm tarball.

I'm assuming you have some experience using a bash shell, such as on a
Linux machine. I'm also assuming you used the automated windows
installer. Gorm should compile out of the box with the Windows
automated installer. extract the archive and run "make install" from
the directory.

You can run the application with the command

openapp Gorm.app

I really recommend that you use GNUstep on Linux or another Unix, as
Windows support is still under development, however you're welcome to
help wherever possible. If you only want support for creating command
line tools, Windows is quite well supported and stable.

Cheers
Chris