Re: Advocating GNUstep

From: Dirk Meyer
Subject: Re: Advocating GNUstep
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 14:31:07 +0100

Chris B. Vetter wrote,

> I stumbled upon the following entry in a forum. Might give some
> insight into what's expected of GNUstep and where it's still lacking /
> falling short ...

It would be much easier when there are more releases of GNUstep
software, without a tarball, the software can't find the way in
of linux and bsd distributions.

It is not easy for a programmer to fetch the matching svn/cvs sources.
An so there is less feedback from outside the project.

I would like to see some releases of the dev-libs and other stuff
well hidden in the repository.

At least one release per year would help to attract developers.

I will spend some time to update the list of known applications too.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]
http://people.freebsd.org/~dinoex/errorlogs/