Re: Cocotron

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: 29 Dec 2006 00:31:28 -0800

Richard Frith-Macdonald schrieb:

> I actually have no problem at all with the idea of renaming ... in
> fact, for compatibility it might be nice if we could build them so
> that they could be used both as libraries and frameworks at the same
> time, so that cocoa developers could link to them the same way they
> do on macos.  I don't know how to modify makefiles etc to build them
> that way, but it can't really be all that hard.

That is basically the way the mySTEP makefile works.

It builds e.g. the AppKit.framework hierarchy (Version/Current etc.
incl. all links) through Xcode (but tht can also be done in a Makefile
and adds a special Version/Linux-ARM which contains

a) a libAppKit.so
b) a symbolic link AppKit -> libAppKit.so

The compiler's CFLAGS gets passed as -L all
Frameworks/*.framework/Versions/Current/Linux-ARM so that it finds
-lAppKit as libAppKit.so

Apple has added special code to gcc to search frameworks in all -F
framework paths. I have not yet found a reasonable way to easily
emulate this -F flag.

-- hns