Re: Library, Bundle or ...

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: Library, Bundle or ...
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 00:17:01 +0100

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 06:43:19AM +0000, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

[...]

> So the ideal way to do this is in stages ...
>
> If your widgets have no resources (eg image files), you can first
> build a library, but if they use resource files you should probably
> start by building a bundle.  In fact it's probably good to build a
> bundle even if there are no resource files used ... as a bundle does
> not have to be linked into applications at compile time in order to
> be usable.

I now have a library working (mostly), I'll try and make a bundle.

> Then, once your bundle is working, make a palette for your widgets so
> that they can be used in Gorm (I'm sure Gregory Casamento can give
> you details on how to do this) ... then you can use Gorm to rapidly/
> easily design/modify the user interface of your agenda application.
> The ease of editing your application's user interface will repay the
> extra effort you took to put the widgets in a palette.

Ok, I will read http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Gorm_Manual and
other documents and try to get the whole picture.

Before I start reading : I didn't use Gorm to design the widget, it's
just hand coded. Is that bad if I want to build a palette with it ?

Philippe
--
There are two major products that come from Berkeley : LSD and UNIX. We don't
believe this to be a coincidence. Jeremy S. Anderson