RE: Precompiled headers don't seem to work with GNU ObjC (was New precom

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: RE: Precompiled headers don't seem to work with GNU ObjC (was New precompiled headers support in gnustep-make)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:51:10 +0100 (CET)

>> I implemented (experimental) precompiled headers support in gnustep-make.
>
> Unfortunately, with my compiler (4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51)) I can't
> get
> precompiled ObjC headers to work. :-(

Ok ... the new code in trunk should be able to detect if your GCC has a working
implementation of precompiled ObjC headers or not. :-)

It seems that (according to Andrew Pinski) precompiled ObjC headers should for
GCC version from 3.4 up to 4.0, and hopefully will start working again in 4.2.
They don't work in 4.1 though.

So if you're luckier than me and your GCC is between 3.4 and 4.0, you could
give it a try! :-)

Thanks