Re: Need help with serialization/deserialization interface.

From: Renaud Molla
Subject: Re: Need help with serialization/deserialization interface.
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:36:30 +0100

Hi Tima,
I know this may not be "pure" OpenStep, but did you check Apple's "Stream Programming Guide for Cocoa" at http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Streams/ index.html?http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ Streams/Articles/CocoaStreamsOverview.html

I think you can read bytes from the stream using the NSInputStream subclass,
        the - (BOOL)getBuffer:(uint8_t **)buffer length:(unsigned int *)len
        and - (int)read:(uint8_t *)buffer maxLength:(unsigned int)len
        methods seem quite interesting.

If I had to read a stream then I'd go this way, but this is a personal opinion.

Renaud.