Re: WebKit Bounty

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: WebKit Bounty
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:17:50 +0100

On 3/2/07, Rogelio M. Serrano Jr. <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:
[...]
> I'm not a programmer (I'm a philosopher and I'm a poor beginner in
> sh/lisp/C/objective-c who learn a lot but can't doing nothing :(
> ), then I don't realize correctly the amount of work of porting a
> Framework like WebKit... Is the project unmanageable ?
I dont think so. But thats only me.  There was initial  success in
porting webkit but im not sure if it is still active. And my efforts to
help was ineffective.

You're probably referring to GSWebKit. Work has halted, as far as I
know, so it's pretty outdated by now.

It used to work reasonably well, but doesn't anymore (at least when
compiled with gcc-4.x). Not sure why. But I can only load an initial
page. Whenever I try to enter a new location or try a link within the
page, GSWebKit throws an exception and my browser crashes.

--
Chris