Re: NSNumber numberWithBool

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: NSNumber numberWithBool
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 00:23:42 +0200

On Jun 8, 2007, at 21:26, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
I read that as meaning that the string produced is for debug purposes, and feel that it implies that code should not depend on a particular format of the string content. So it really should not matter exactly what is printed out ... both libFoundation and gnustep-base are correct, and code which depends upon either behavior is therefore incorrect.

I agree. I think what happens is that -stringValue, *not* - description, is called. And -stringValue will invoke -description per default. Anyways, I think that sope-gdl1 should not invoke -stringValue in that context but be more clever about the object being passed in.

Anyways, on lF and Cocoa -description returns 1 for boolean YES NSNumber's, GNUstep returns YES. (which is IMHO also fine, but different)

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess