Re: GWorkspace on OpenBSD

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: GWorkspace on OpenBSD
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:47:13 +0200

Hi,

> > Critical Error in GWorkspace
> > NSInvalidArgumentException: NSTask - launch path (mount) not valid
> >
> > It took me a while to find out what this message wants me to know. After
> > running GWorkspace it in the debugger, I saw it stopping here:
> >
> > (gdb) bt
> > #10 0x0a34f3c5 in -[NSWorkspace(mounting) mountedVolumes]
(self=0x87b4e928,
> > _cmd=0x2a347848) at FSNodeRep.m:756
>
> This NSWorkspace's -mountedVolumes method, implemented by gworkspace in a
category, is necessarily a compromise, an hack; the criteria it uses are:

> For all the other cases an empty NSArray is returned.
>
> I've not OpenBSD; the only solution I can see is if you write a patch for
this method or (simplier) tell me the equivalent on OpenBSD for "mount -p".

just mount, without any parameters returns:
# mount
/dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local)
/dev/wd0f on /home type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid)
/dev/wd0d on /tmp type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid)
/dev/wd0g on /usr type ffs (local, nodev)
/dev/wd0e on /var type ffs (local, nodev, nosuid)
-p parameter does not exist on OpenBSD. I don't know the format you need,
but it looks like an mtab file on Linux.

kind regards
Sebastian